wide blue shelf

wide blue shelf

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Oh, my, gosh! We're a one bathroom family again. There's almost always a bathroom off the master bedroom, right? Well, the bottom of the shower in my parents' bathroom busted a while back, so every time they've taken a shower in there instead of the water going down the drain it went through the crack and under the tile into the wood underneath. A little while of that has taken its toll. All the wood in there has been rotted and the wood under the shower particularly has been reduced to the consistency of applesauce. Believe me, I am not joking. I had to shovel it into a trash bag today. You would not believe the amount of mold that comes from a little water like that. Most of it was under the floor boards. It looked like the wood had come to life and sprouted white hair. I've been the one doing most of the work in there for about a week since my dad has asthma and my brother is incompetent. I've been the one cutting and tearing up the tile, ripping up the floor, tearing down the walls, bagging the moldy, wet trash, hauling it outside, and spraying any remaining mold with bleach so my dad could get in there and see what to do. Meanwhile, my parents are setting up camp in the other bathroom. Our-or more importantly, my-bathroom. Besides all the junk that was in there to begin with, now every day I walk in there, my mom has added more of her crap to clutter up the place. Why do women need so much stuff? Now that the floor is mostly gone, we have to move pipes because my mom wants to redecorate and move stuff around, and since we're moving pipes, we also have to solder them together (not an easy task). I think we turned the water off five times today. The first time was to do all the main work. The other four were to check whether we had caught all the leaks and fixed them. I guess we eventually got it done, but boy, was it a pain in my butt? Yes, yes it was. Crap. I just looked over and I think my plant's dying again. Better water it. Thank goodness the water's working now. I can get a shower and water my plant. Later.

No comments: