wide blue shelf

wide blue shelf

Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Secretariat

I had a few thoughts I wanted to post about, but the only one coming to mind right now is the following:  what is the root word of the term "secretary?"  Is is secret?  Is it safe?  -lol-  Is it secrete?  Is it something else I haven't thought of yet?  If it's secret, that seems to be a bit of a dubious title, like secret-keeper.  That would lend credence to the thought that the boss is of an underhanded or double-dealing sort and the secretary is privy to all the inner machinations of his/her plans.  If it's secrete, that's just a disgusting way of saying that the person creates or discharges effort, paperwork, reports, emails, bodily fluids, what have you.  And in both cases the same can be said of the term "secretariat."

On an entirely unrelated note, I think I may add some gifs to my page to animate it a little.  That sounds like a fun time.  I don't know what, though.  I really don't want to trash up the place, which happens when you overdo it.  That doesn't sound like fun at all.  That sounds more like a bout of influenza gets hold of my blog and fires from two settings very undesirable solutions of matter all over it.  I'll say one thing; there won't be a bunch of glittery ponies or vampires or hot mamas.  It's gonna stay nice and nerdy, the way I want it.  Probably old video game sprites or something.  Maybe something else.  Maybe nothing.  It all depends on what I can find.  I need to get my computer and external hard drive back.  Might have something on there I could use.  Ok, lunch break's over.  Back to work.

3 comments:

e_elston said...

I vote something from Zelda gets added, and also- secretariat... also a horse... Bearing horse in mind, is it secret? or secrete? Secrete makes more sense... horse pucky and what not, but at the same time, you wonder what the horse knows that you don't...

AfroRyan said...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/AfroRyan/802803126_1872816.gif

Unknown said...

Yes, that's just the kind of gif I was not hoping for.