wide blue shelf

wide blue shelf

Monday, October 03, 2005

==WARNING!-INCOMING RANT==

Dangit! Dangit!! Dangit!!! You hear all the time about how girls/women want to be taken seriously and don't want to be thought of as sexual objects, yet they continue to dress in a fashion that completely contradicts what they are saying. They say "Don't look at me as just a sex toy" but then they wear very revealing clothing, making it nearly impossible to comply. You can't have it both ways, ladies. At the college I'm attending there are these girls (I'm pretty sure it's the volleyball team) that wear what I guess are called hot pants. They're these skin-tight little short-shorts that leave absolutely nothing to the imagination, and when I say nothing I mean nothing except perhaps colors. Shape-wise you see everything. I have to assume the girls know they're being oggled. They'd have to be pretty dense not to anticipate and/or notice that. If I were them I would at least wear something over it. One time I was sitting in the cafeteria and one of these girls was standing there talking to a couple of her friends and she had either just been exercising or was overheated, because she had a noticeable trail of sweat running down the crack of her behind. That was pretty funny. But when nothing is going wrong with the clothing I have to say that it's frustrating as a guy to see this stuff and try to behave in a Christian manner. And I'm not the only guy that feels this way. Not by a long shot.

Okay, enough venting. I guess the photo shoot went pretty well. I did have my picture taken by myself, which was surprising, since I'm just a sound guy. I'm not really that important unless we're doing a show. Have any of you ever known the name of a sound guy even from a famous band? In all probability the answer is no. That's okay, though. I like being behind the scenes. That way if something goes wrong people may blame the sound guy, but if I happen to wander off before they look back toward me, they don't know who exactly to blame. They may just blame the guy closest to the sound board.

Anyway, we should have our second CD for sale at the gig we have scheduled for November 5th. I'm so ready to start shelling out a new album. People are probably gonna be a little disappointed though that the Cartoon Song isn't on it. We didn't write it, though, and aren't ever gonna put it on any CD as far as I know. Although we did get the rights to some songs we didn't write and put them on CDs, that one won't be on one. Sorry.

That's all the news for now. Felipe, if you're reading, this one's for you. Veja-o mais tarde.

No comments: