wide blue shelf

wide blue shelf

Thursday, October 25, 2012

October News

Looks like I skipped over September and most of October.  No matter.  I blog when I want!  Anyhoozle, I've been getting into this whole fantasy football thing and I have to say I am not very good at it.  Either that or I'm not paying close enough attention to stay on top of it.  Nevertheless, I'm ranked last in my league at the moment.  Granted that's the first time I've been in last by myself, but still, I don't like being last.  Not sure what I'm gonna do about it.  Probably nothing.

In other news, our gathering of the Church does these small groups called home teams.  I've wanted to get into one for a long time, but due to work (mostly) or other obligations I've never had the time to do it until recently.  I must say I'm loving it.  We're about to kick off our Trunk or Treat event we do at Halloween every year and I'm pretty pumped about what my home team is doing.  Given that several people in our team are in the praise band, we're naturally doing a music-themed "trunk".  I use that term loosely because I don't know that we have a trunk so much as a stage, band, and dining area, complete with tables and servers.  The characters I know will be in the band include Steven Tyler (myself), Han Solo (one of our guitar players/singers), and Billy Ray Cyrus (our drummer).  Oh, and did I mention the whole event will be taking place inside our new building?  That's right, we are driving cars inside our new building to do the event indoors (before we get it all refinished).  Could be a logistical nightmare, but it's gonna be awesome.  I'll try to get some pictures posted sometime.  They'll probably be all over facebook.

I've also been taking a systematic theology class taught by our lead pastor.  That's been a blast.  There's a lot of information to go over.  I didn't really need more homework, since I don't always get the stuff for school done, but at least this is meaningful.  And I've gotten to know several people at our campus quite a bit better, which is cool.

There, I posted in October.  I make no promises regarding frequency of posts in the near or distant future.  Here's my current desktop background at work:

 

No comments: